- raise the quality of port services provided to users;
- create supplementary and advance tourist services that focus on high quality;
- set up common port networks for "green, inclusive and sustainable" short-sea corridors
- enhance awareness of the protection of the local port network in support of the maritime sector
- Mapping of port services/facilities and their networking in a virtual cross-border platform
- Mapping of land transport services and the connections between them and the port hubs
- Set-up of an ICT Platform Services for real time exchange information on multimodal traffic services at cross-border level
- Definition of set of indicators and high quality objectives (standards) for "green, sustainable and inclusive" transport services to be adopted by ports and port infrastructures at cross border level
- Definition of self-assessment tools for managers or public officials with competences on port facilities of the Port Network.
- Implementation of a Priority Matrix of infrastructural and non-infrastructural interventions as governance tools for the development of green corridors in the cross-border area
- Identification of legislative bottlenecks for land-sea transport services
- Implementation of key-infrastructural interventions for requalification of port areas functional to the new the cross-border network (Mytikas, Nafpaktos, Nydri, Otranto, Mola di Bari)
- Creation of tourist multimodal itineraries for "green, inclusive and sustainable" tourism;
- Promotion of two pilot actions for multimodal transport connection exploiting the potentiality of short-sea routes in the cross-border area
- Implementation of a permanent monitoring protocol of coastal and port areas addressing tourist pressure and monitoring tourism demand for short-sea connections
Download the AI SMART Brochure
Follow us on AI SMART Facebook page
The AI SMART project, among its main activities, has foreseen the creation of an innovative and interactive cross-border ICT Platform on the services offered by the network of ports in the areas of interest of Greece and Italy. The platform which, in addition to the "Ports and Services", "Points...
The sixth edition of the Adriatic Sea Forum – cruise, ferry, sail & yacht took place, featuring the participation of the AI SMART project. This international Forum showcased various projects of European Cooperation, including AI SMART selected for its objectives aligning with the Forum's...
The Mobility Department of the Puglia Region hosted in Bari, from 23 to 25 May 2023, the representatives of the three Greek partners of the Region of Ionian Islands, the Region of Epirus and the Region of Western Greece of the AI SMART project, for the Institutional Visit Tour aimed at exchanging...
Interreg AI Smart in Mola di Bari (Italy) receives the visit of representatives of European Commission
Great enthusiasm and full approval expressed by the representatives of the European Commission Maria Sioliou e Simona Pohlova, who visited Puglia Region on 7 March 2023, in order to analyze the implementation of the activities carried out so far within the strategic project AI SMART "Adriatic...
Sustainability, identity and enhancement of cultural heritage are just some of the key concepts underlying the cultural paths created thanks to the AI SMART project. The two paths identified will favor the interaction of the port of Otranto with the inland territories and the opposite Ionian...
Thanks to AI SMART project, the port of Nydri has started the redevelopment and modernization works of the existing port infrastructures. Nydri is the busiest nautical tourist destination of Lefkada hosting several visitors and yachts every year. It’s an ideal destination for the sailing and...
Interreg AI Smart in Mola di Bari Puglia: infrastructural interventions for the requalification of the port
Interreg AI SMART provides an infrastructural interventions for the requalification of port areas in the Municipality of Mola di Bari. The port, characterized by the presence of several fishing boats that represent a strong tourist attraction, has two piers, one to the east and one to...
Thanks to the AI SMART project, several redevelopment and adaptation interventions are planned for the port of Otranto, functional to improving cross-border maritime and cruise transport. These infrastructural interventions will allow the port and the city to develop and implement new and...
The three-day Cross-Border Services Events in the context of the European Project AI SMART "Adriatic Ionian Small Port Network", organized on July 6 to 8, 2022 in Lefkada, by the Region of the Ionian Islands/Regional Unit of Lefkada was completed with great success. The AI SMART project is...
The Cross Border Events will be held from 6 to 8 July 2022 in Lefkada, organized by the Region of Ionian Island in the framework of the strategic project AI SMART "Adriatic Ionian Small Port Network”, aimed to promoting the use of alternative energy and green solutions in transport, encouraging...
Interreg AI Smart presents the feasibility study of Bari-Otranto regional maritime connection service
The AI SMART stakeholders meeting “Bari-Otranto regional maritime connection service (Metromare): Interviews with private and public stakeholders” organized by the Mobility Department of Puglia Region, took place online on Wednesday 10th November 2021. The event opened with the presentation...
The Mobility Department of Puglia Region organized the public meeting “Bari-Otranto regional maritime connection service (Metromare): discussion with the Public Administrations and the private sector on the scenarios of the service and on the Technical-Functional Feasibility Study”. The...
"Green and inclusive ports for sustainable routes" is the theme of the second workshop, held on February 15, which Dr. Anita Maurodinoia, Councilor for Transport and Sustainable Mobility of the Puglia Region, opens underlining the importance of the AI SMART Project in the context of the...
Informative webinars of the Interreg Greece-Italy - AI SMART project 11-15 February (9.30-12.30) - Teams platform Two training webinars are scheduled for 11th and 15th February (Teams platform 9.30-12.30), organized in the framework of the strategic cooperation project AI SMART, funded by the...
Due to new regulations to limit the spread of Covid-19, the deadlinesof the above expressions of interests are postponed. Further informationwill be available on EMPULIA website. The Department of Mobility, Urban Quality, Public Works, Ecology and Landscape of Puglia Region lauches two...