The restoration project of the San Cataldo lighthouse in Bari was approved. It will become the “Museum of lighthouses and coastal towers of Puglia” and of the “Radio Museum”, thanks to € 510,000,00 euro of european funds.
According to the approved report by the city council, the rooms on the ground floor will be used as spaces for cultural activities and training sessions, with the aim of setting up two exhibition paths: the “Museum of lighthouses and coastal towers of Puglia” and the “Radio Museum”, in memory of the first radiotelegraphic connection that took place in 1904 from the lighthouse of San Cataldo by Gugliemo Marconi.
Not only restoration and refurbishment, CoHeN will also transform the buildings of the Coastal Heritage Network into cultural and exhibition spaces, to collect all the stories related to the Adriatic and Ionian Seas. A multi-voice narrative built by archaeologists, artists, architects, storytellers and art curators, for a project that gives new life to coastal buildings.
Cohen strategic project is the result of cooperation of Ephorate of Antiquities of Aitoloakarnania and Lefkada, Puglia Region, Ephorate of Antiquities of Ilia, ILIA, Ephorate of Antiquities of Thesprotia, Ephorate of Antiquities of Corfu.